Welcome to Leicester Ramblers
NEW for walk Leaders: Incident Report Forms, Civil Liability insurance etc
In the Walks Programme menu -> Forms and Information section:
- New Incident Report Form;
- New Recce Report Form;
- NEW Civil Liability information. Walk leaders should read this as it provides information about several different scenarios, including the Ramblers' insurance regarding non-members on walks after their first three 'taster' walks. It doesn't mean that non-members can't come on more than three 'taster' walks.
- And for more information, please refer to the Ramblers' Volunteer Zone Insurance web pages at http://www.ramblers.org.uk/volunteer-zone/volunteer-toolkits/insurance.aspx
There is a new menu (on the left), "Footpath Changes". Click on the link to find:
- A list of documents from the Leicestershire Local Access Forum, which list the proposed and ordered changes to footpaths (PDF documents, opens in a new window);
- A link to the page for reporting a problem with a footpath (opens in a new window);
- A list of all footpath changes from 2011, listed by year and area, each with a link to a map of the proposed change (also obtained from the Leicestershire Local Access Forum).
Walk with us - NEW Mini-Walks
We have a new set of walks of between 2.5 to 4.5 miles, starting and ending at the same place as the Thursday morning walks, but at a slower pace and with very few, if any, stiles: plenty of time to stand and stare, have a chat or take some photos. Dave Siddons (0116 288 7457) leads all of these.
Our Walkers' Handbook is now available for download: full of advice and guidance in a colourful format, it's a valuable resource for all walkers. Download the pdf by clicking here.
The Walkers' Pub Guide, produced by one of our members, is now available for download as a pdf by clicking here. Full of pub food ratings, it's available free from the site.
The Limestone Way, Green Leicestershire Round and the Rutland Round are three short descriptions by Brian Jeffs about his bus-pass walks. They can be downloaded here:
Ramblers' Association News
Ramblers' has announced a really interesting new tool, "Ramblers Routes", where you can create your own routes anda share them with the world. At last, something original from the RA. See it on their website.
Ramblers Get Walking Keep Walking Leicester: volunteers needed!
The Get Walking Keep Walking project in Leicester is now underway and Amy Morgan has recently started in post as the Get Walking Officer for the Ramblers, based at Leicester City Council’s offices in Leicester city centre.
Get Walking Keep Walking Leicester is a three-year project that will enthuse people to make positive lifestyle changes by increasing their independent everyday functional walking. As well as the normal Get Walking Keep Walking project outcomes of improving physical and mental health and wellbeing, there will also be a focus on the journey to work.
The Ramblers' Association is a national organisation which exists to facilitate the enjoyment and discovery of walking and to promote respect for the countryside. It is a democratic, voluntary organisation, registered as a charity. You can go to the Ramblers web site here for membership information.